YNHS implements quality early childhood education, culture, language, and continuous support to empower diverse Native children and families.
Goals and Objectives 2018
- YNHS will work to bring in a family engagement curriculum to use with Early Childhood Programs to create a standard approach and language to improve services.
- By February 2017, YNHS will survey tribal programs that serve children birth to five to understand services to help chose an appropriate curriculum.
- By August 2018, YNHS will host a cross training for the Family Engagement Curriculum, for at a minimum Head Start and Early Intervention staff.
- YNHS will work to identify both tribal and non-tribal sources for Non-Federal Share due to increase in grant ($255,468) and decreases in tribal funding (-$88,091).
- By January 2018, YNHS will create a list of programs that are eligible to be counted towards non-federal share.
- By January 2018, YNHS will identify three local businesses or non-profits that can provide Non-Federal Share.
- YNHS will utilize all funding, to the extent possible, in the development of Ichishkíin Language Learning.
- By November 2017, YNHS will draft an estimated cost for a summer Ichishkíin Language Program to instruct children and develop language tools.
- By April 2018, YNHS will search for three grants to help with the cost of the Summer Ichishkíin Language Program.